This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Welcome!


Lectionary: 325
Feast of St. Blaise

My toddler has discovered the power of rejection. When one of his siblings is bothering him he says, "Shoo!!" Such a small thing gets such a big reaction, that he can't wait to try it out again. It's amazing how much rejection hurts. Imagine how Jesus was feeling in today's gospel when his own 'hometown crowd' told him to Shoo! And because of their rejection, "He was not able to perform any mighty deed there." I wonder what he had planned? What wonderful miracles would Christ have performed if the people had been ready to accept Him into their lives?

One more thing: Are you compartmentalizing Christ? Letting Him in some areas of your life but thinking others are too big or too small for Him to handle? He wants to be in every situation in every minute of every day. From the laundry to the diapers, to the commute to work, to tucking the kids in bed. Let Him in and see what mighty deeds he has in store for you! 

Prayer: Dear Lord, you are welcome here in my heart and my home! Be with me in all I do and say today. St. Blaise, pray for me. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment