This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Laying down the law.



Lectionary: 229

In today's gospel, Jesus lays down the law. God loves everyone, the good and the bad. To love as God does, Jesus tells us we must also love our enemies. 
One more thing: Who persecutes you? It's hard today to consider having 'enemies' but our kids watch how we treat everyone we encounter. Think about how you react to the driver who cuts you off, the rude person in the restaurant, or the bag boy who puts your fruit in the sack under the can ned goods. Your actions will teach this lesson louder than any words. 
Prayer: Dear Lord, I want to walk in your ways and observe your decrees. Help me to treat everyone with the love you have for each of us. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment