This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Giving Advice


Lectionary: 327
Saint Agatha

I can't help but feel sorry for Salome. I'm sure she ran, breathless from dancing, to her mother. She was probably so excited; her head filled with visions of baubles and riches. But Herodias gave her daughter advice based on her own agenda, not what was best for her daughter. 

One more thing: The sins of our fathers (and mothers) don't have to be passed down.  If you are struggling with hurts or habits you learned in your family of origin, ask Christ to intercede and free you from those chains. 

Prayer: Dear Lord, please clear my head and heart of the hurts and habits of my own childhood and family. Give me clear eyes and true vision, so that when my children come to me for advice, the Holy Spirit can speak to them through me. St. Agatha, pray for me. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment