This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Knock, knock.


Lectionary: 227

In today's reading, Queen Esther is a desperate woman. She is between a rock and a hard place and is being called to do something she knows she can not accomplish on her own. Motherhood feels like that sometimes! In this situation, Esther goes to the only one who can help her and throws herself at His feet.
One more thing: In the gospel, Jesus assures that whatever you need He will give to you. Find a crucifix in your home and kneel at the feet of Jesus today. Ask Him for whatever you need to become the mom He wants you to be. 
Prayer: Lord Jesus, today I cry out for your help, confident that you will answer me. Thank you for loving me so much that you answer me every time I ask. In your name I pray, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment