This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Moods.

Lectionary: 456
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel
St. Wenceslaus

Job curses the day he was born. His life has become so wretched, he thinks it would be better if he had died at birth. I wonder what would have happened if Job went to his mother with his feelings? I'm guessing that she would remind him how blessed she was to be his mother. She would have told him how much joy he brought to her life, and how she couldn't imagine life without him. She would have lifted his spirits.
One more thing: Pre-teens and teens are prone to this same sort of morose thinking. Sometimes life gets so hard for them, they don't feel like they do anything right. Even your fun-loving, involved teen may have negative feelings about themselves. This is our chance, as moms, to remember to lift up our children and remind them what a joy and blessing they are to us. We all have times when we feel like Job, but knowing someone thinks the world is a better place because you are in it can turn your whole day around.
Prayer: Father in heaven, thank you for my precious children. Help me to be sensitive to their feelings and moods, even when I'm tired of the emotional roller-coaster. May I always remind them of my love, and teach them about your love for them. In Jesus name, Amen. St. Wenceslaus, pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment