This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

At His feet.

Lectionary: 446
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel
Sts. Cornelius and Cyprian

I love the image of the woman at the feet of Jesus. Surely she felt humiliated in front of all the church leaders, but she didn't let it stop her. She as entirely focused on being with Christ. How often do I have moments at his feet, where I am entirely given to him?
One more thing: Mom's days are busy! I have weeks when I feel more like Martha than Mary! On those hectic days, take just a few moments to close your eyes and imagine yourself at the feet of Christ, lovingly drying his feet with your hair. Don't try to say anything or fill the time with prayers; he knows your heart. Just submit yourself to him and he will forgive your transgressions and calm your spirit.
Prayer: Dear Jesus, I love you and desire to be with you forever. Please forgive me when I get so busy with worldly pursuits that I forget to spend time with you. Help me to listen for your voice calling me and to stop my hectic pace to be with you. In your name I pray, Amen. Sts. Cornelius and Cyrian, pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment