This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11.


Lectionary: 442
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel
St. Cyprian

“You cannot have God for your Father if you do not have the Church for your mother.... God is one and Christ is one, and his Church is one; one is the faith, and one is the people cemented together by harmony into the strong unity of a body.... If we are the heirs of Christ, let us abide in the peace of Christ; if we are the sons of God, let us be lovers of peace” (St. Cyprian, The Unity of the Catholic Church).
One more thing: Today is an emotion filled day for many. The anniversary that we remember is still charged with anger and hate, grief and longing. What I teach my children about today is a litmus test of my Christianity. Is my fruit a reflection of my rootstock? 
Prayer: Dear Jesus, help be to be truly genuine in my profession of faith in you, so that my actions reflect my belief. Bless those who mourn today and help us all to be lovers of peace. In your precious name I pray, Amen. St. Cyprian, pray for me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment