This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Wild child.

Today's readings.

St. John Bosco

David is fleeing from his son Absalom in the first reading. Absalom has an unfortunate event befall him on his way to capture David and one of David's soldiers kills him. Upon hearing the news, David mourns and his soldiers are perplexed.
One more thing: Do I stop loving my child just because he is bad or rebellious? Of course not. Neither did David and neither does God. Sometimes I feel like one of David's soldiers, incredulous that God should love me after my sinfulness. However, he is Abba, my almighty, merciful father.
Prayer: Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your abundant and unfailing love, even when I turn against you. Help me to always show the same merciful love to my children as you do to me. In the name of your precious son, our Lord Jesus, Amen. St. John Bosco, pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment