This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Conversion

Today's Readings.

The Conversion of St. Paul

I can certainly identify with St. Paul. Paul went along thinking he was in the right by persecuting Christians. It took a major blow from the Lord to wake him up to the error of his ways. I often feel like Christ puts blinders on me when I'm getting off track. He humbles me so that I must reach out to him to lead me, just as Paul had to be led to a new way of life, a life in Christ.
One more thing: Jesus tells me today to go out and proclaim the Gospel. Conversion isn't something to be held on to in secret. Conversion is something I need to shout from the roof tops and actively live so that others see it in me. Conversion is a call to be Christ to others, especially my children, and Christ gives me the strength and the grace to fulfill this mission.
Prayer: Dear Lord, thank you for the gift of your salvation. Help me always reach out to you to lead me in spreading the good news, especially to the little lives you've entrusted to me! In your precious name I pray, Amen. St. Paul, pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment