This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mama Monkey

Today's readings.

St. Francis de Sales

"I have been slighted and I get cross: peacocks and monkeys do as much; I have been slighted and I rejoice: that is what the Apostles did. So to live according to the spirit is to do what faith, hope and charity teach us to do, whether in things temporal or things spiritual."
St. Francis de Sales
One more thing: Oh yea, that's me. Mama monkey. I've been hopping around hooting and hollering about something that happened to my child and I let it get under my skin. Thanks to the words of St. Francis, I am now rejoicing as David did for the presence of the Lord in my life and in this situation. I'm rejoicing for the incredible wisdom and kindnesses that have been uttered by friends turning up in unexpected places. I'm bringing Christ right into the very center of my worries, building a tent for him in my heart and rejoicing that He calls me sister.
Prayer: Lord Jesus, I rejoice that you came into the world to be my savior and king. I rejoice that you died for me. I thank you for your presence in all areas of my life, temporal and spiritual. Thank you for the kindness of friends, and the wisdom of the saints. In your name I pray, Amen. St. Francis de Sales, pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment