This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Family trees.



St. Angela Merici

Boy did David goof up. He was God's favored one and he let his earthly desires get the best of him. One bad decision led to another and then another. And the story gets worse! Real Housewives has nothing on the House of David!
One more thing: The Kingdom of God is like a mustard tree, big, strong, with many branches. You could say its God's family tree. And like David's, family trees get tangled and gnarled sometimes. Family can be complicated, something David finds out about as the book of Samuel continues. So I try to be merciful like our heavenly Father, in regards to both my brothers and sisters in Christ and the brothers and sisters that live under my roof.
Prayer: Oh Lord, thank you for your infinite mercy when I sin against you. Help me to show that same mercy to my little ones when they make mistakes. Bless all families today as they struggle to live a life according to your Word. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. St. Angela Merici, pray for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment