This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Seeds.

Lectionary: 520/319
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel
Sts. Timothy and Titus, bishops

"as I recall your sincere faith that first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and that I am confident lives also in you."
One more thing: Christ likens the word of God to a seed. Those who hear it and who's hearts are prepared for it, find it takes root and grows. But like any seed, it needs nurturing. Who is a natural at nurturing? MOMS of course!! It's what we do best. I am an integral part of growing the Kingdom of God. Look at what St. Paul says about St. Timothy. His faith came to him through his mother and grandmother. Being a mom is no small thing! I must always remember, I may be raising saints.
Prayer: Father in heaven, thank you for the 'sprouts' you have entrusted to me in my children. Help me to nourish their faith and help them grow into the men and women you want them to be. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Sts. Timothy and Titus, pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment