This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Relationship.

Lectionary: 310
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel
St. Paul the Hermit

"The word of God is living and effective,"
When Jesus called Levi, that wasn't the end of the story. Levi chose to follow Christ and therefore he had to leave his table and join him for dinner. That moment signified the beginning of a new relationship, one that grew and changed. Levi became the gospel writer we know as Matthew.
One more thing: In my bible study discussion last night, we talked about how our relationship with God is a dynamic and living entity. The sacrament of Reconciliation enables us to enables us to continue to be in relationship with God even when we disrupt that relationship through sin. As a busy mom, this speaks to my heart. To have the fullness of life in Christ, I can't just wave to him as he passes by my table. I have to get up and follow him even when I have other things to do. I have to make that relationship a priority in my life so that my vocation of motherhood will flourish.
Prayer: Lord Jesus, I am grateful that you call me into relationship with you! Forgive me when I let my busy-ness overcome my desire to be with you. Help me to utilize the grace in Reconciliation to come back to  you when I stray. In your precious name I pray, Amen. St. Paul the Hermit, pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment