This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

BFF.

Lectionary: 314
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel
St. Sebastian

"Jesus is always able to save those who approach God through him, since he lives forever to make intercession for them."
One more thing: Do you know that old hymn, "I have a friend in Jesus"? Christ is our friend because he made the ultimate sacrifice for us. But beyond that, he remains our friend. He is seated at the right hand of Almighty God and talks to God about me AND you! He is our advocate, intercessor and friend. Like any friend, Jesus wants to hear all about you...your triumphs and challenges. Go to him in your joy and in your sorrow. Celebrate with him when your child finally is potty trained, and worry with him when your teenager is late. He wants to hear it all and be your true BFF!
Prayer: Lord Jesus, I rejoice that I have you for my friend. Help me to remember that I can talk to you about anything at any time. Thank you for your unconditional love for me when I bring you my joy and my failings. In your precious name I pray, Amen. St. Sebastian, pray for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment