This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hear His voice.

Lectionary: 308
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel
St. Hilary

"Oh that today you would hear his voice,"
I did hear the Holy Spirit call me today in a very strong way. He was calling me back to my daily meditations with the Word of God. He was calling me back to get my priorities straight. He was calling me back to His love.
One more thing: 
I would never purposefully harden my heart toward the Lord, but when the life of a mom gets busy, sometimes God is the first thing to go. I know that isn't how it is supposed to work, but God isn't whining, or complaining about not having a clean basketball uniform, or griping because he is hungry, or pulling on my leg to read him a story, or needing a ride to the mall. No, God is waiting for me to turn to him, most especially when all the responsibilities of life are pulling at me. He is calling me and you each day; we must only decide to make time to listen.
Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank you for your persistent call. Thank you for speaking loudly enough today that I could hear you. Help me most especially when I feel overwhelmed with the responsibilities of my vocation, to turn to you, hear your voice, and bask in your love. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. St. Hilary, pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment