This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pick up your mat.

Lectionary: 380
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel
Blessed Junipero Serra

"Courage child, your sins are forgiven." Christ always forgives when we ask him and never scolds or shames. Each sinner is allowed to pick up his mat and walk away with dignity.
One more thing: Do you always treat your child with such dignity when they do something wrong? Tonight I was scolding and shaming my kids about the state of their rooms. They went to bed with their heads hung instead of feeling my love and encouragement. Christ always delivers an encouraging word when he forgives; I'm going to try harder to do the same.
Prayer: Dear Jesus, thank you for your tireless mercy and willingness to forgive my sins. Help me to forgive as you do, with encouragement and support rather than scolding or shame. In your name I pray, Amen. Blessed Junipero Serra, pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment