This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

FROG.

Lectionary: 177
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel
St. Eligius

The people in today's gospel followed Jesus for three days, without concern as to where they would eat or spend the night. They were literally like sheep following their shepherd and trusting in his providence.
One more thing: There is a popular acronym: FROG. It stands for Fully Relying On God. Sure, its catchy and clever, but its not as simple as it sounds. I find that my life as a mom is at times very demanding. I don't always rely on God to provide what I need during those times. When I do trust in the Lord to get me through the valleys (usually from 4pm to 6pm), I find peace and usually everything works out just fine. When I don't, everything still usually works out. But, I'm hardly the mom God wants me to be when I'm stressed and on edge.
Prayer: Dear Lord, be my shepherd. Guide me through all the moments in my life. Help me to fully rely on you to show me the way. Bring me the peace that comes from knowing you are taking care of me and my children. In your precious name I pray, Amen. St. Eligius, pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment