This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Repentance.

Lectionary: 488
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel
St. Charles Borromeo

I always admire the humility of St. Paul. He doesn't try to cover up his past deeds. He doesn't make excuses. Rather, he relishes in the mercy of our Lord toward his repentance.
One more thing: Christ died for you and he longs to have you close to him. Even when you are lost, he searches for you and desires to bring you back into the fold. I felt the Lord's tug today, as I got caught up in my "to-do's" and my anxiety level rose. He gently called to me and reminded me that I should fully rely on him. When I admit my weaknesses and call on him, even in the most mundane activities of my day, his peace surrounds me and I can be the mom he wants me to be.
Prayer: Lord Jesus, I am sorry for the times I pull away from you. Thank you for always taking me back when I stray. Help me to stay close to you, even during the daily activities of being a mom. In your name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment