This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Friday, January 29, 2010

What were you thinking?




Lectionary: 321
Gospel
David, David, what were you thinking??! We aren't too surprised when we see this type of behavior in our celebrities and politicians, but David was God's chosen one! God knew what kind of choices David would make before he ever picked up the first stone to hurl at the giant. And yet, he picked David. David was not perfect, but he was perfectly suited for God's mission.

One more thing: David's domestic church wasn't perfect and yours won't be either. Remember today that God picked you to nurture and grow your family with all of its (and your) imperfections.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, help me when I am weak and tempted. Forgive me when I turn away from you, and help me show that same mercy to my family. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment