This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Go out to all the world and tell the good news!



Lectionary: 519















St. Paul thought he was doing the right thing. Don't we all! Only to have Christ knock us from our high horse and say "Wait a minute! Why are you doing this?" Sometimes Christ speaks through our spouses, our parents, friends and even our kids. Ever have one of those innocent faces look up at you with a questioning look and you just want to melt into the floor? Our anger, sleep deprivation, or frustration sometimes gets the better of us and we may persecute the ones around us. But here's the beautiful thing about Christ. If we allow him, He uses our weaknesses and our strengths to complete His work. Paul's zeal and passion, when Christ directed, saved, well, all of us! My heritage isn't Jewish, so if it weren't for Paul, I might not know the love of Christ today. Christ wants you to be Paul to your domestic church!

One more thing: Listen to the voice of Christ today. He may speak to you through His word, through others, or directly to your heart. Take the time to examine your actions for the day and find out of you are persecuting Him in how you treat others. Open your heart to Him and let him guide your words and deeds. You'll feel better and everyone around you will too!

Prayer: Dear Lord, somedays I may need to be knocked down. Speak to me as you see fit and open my heart to hear you. Then, give me Paul's zeal for your will! In your Holy Name, I pray. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment